Alteration time

Absolutely more in love with my vintage pinafore dress now it’s altered! Didn’t take long at all. The first thing I did was to ensure I had the dress as the right length by putting it on inside out and folding it then securing with pins. The next step was to make sure it was even all the way around the hem.
I then took it over to the machine and placed 2 rows of stitches parallel to make sure it was secure. After trying it on I decided I needed to take in the side seams on the bust as it was a bit too gapey under the arms, here are the before and after pictures! Will blog about my next project when I finally start it :)

20140630-204430-74670722.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s